* SOLD *
Gregston 1949 Bentley Mark VI Park Ward Drop Head Coupe - Greystone Mansion
Slot Car in 1/24 Scale
Brilliant British Racing Green
Wonderful Classic Bentley, the epitome of
Looks Great with incredible details and
New Engine has been oiled and tuned
Runs Great (Only run a few times on the test
All Metal Gears and original tires (the only
item recommended would be to change the
rear tires asthey are new however they
two different brands)
The body is held to the chassis with three
Runs Great (Only run a few times on the test
Look at the pictures as they are part of the
Please see pictures for more
Payment by PayPal no later than 3 days from our
NOTE: The item will ship within 1-3 days of payment or as soon as the payment is received. Thank
The Bentley Mark VI 4-door standard steel sports saloon was the first post-war luxury
car from Bentley.
Announced in May 1946 and produced from 1946 to 1952 it was also both the first
car from Rolls-Royce with all-steel coachwork and the first complete car assembled and finished at their factory. These very expensive cars were a genuine
success, long-term their weakness lay in the inferior steels forced on them by government's post-war controls. Chassis continued to be supplied to independent
This Bentley factory finished car was given the name Bentley Mark VI standard steel sports saloon. This shorter wheelbase chassis and engine was a variant of the Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith of 1946 and, with the same standard steel body and
a larger boot became the cautiously introduced Silver Dawn of 1949. The
same extended-boot modification was made to the Mark VI body in 1952 and the result
became known as the R type Bentley.
Mark VI engines and chassis were modified to provide higher performance and sold to be bodied by selected coachbuilders as the first Bentley Continentals, the most expensive production cars in the world and the world's fastest 4/5-seater
The Mark VI 4 1⁄4-litre used an F-head straight-6 engine 4.3 L
(4,257 cc/259 cu in) in size. The manufacturer refused to disclose a horse power value for the car (other than Tax Horsepower of 29.4 hp according to the old RAC formula) but an Autocar Magazine road test
reproduced in 1950 reported that top gear provided "flexibility down to 6 mph (10 km/h)" and the ability to "climb a hill of 1 in 9 maximum gradient, complicated by bends", all of which supported the manufacturer's contention that power, along with low speed torque, were
In 1951, a 4 1⁄2-litre, 4.6 L (4,566 cc/278 cu in) version of the engine was introduced and then referred to as the big bore engine. A four-speed syncromesh manual transmission was fitted with the change lever to the right of the driver on right hand drive cars and on the column on left hand drive versions.
4 1⁄4-litre cars had
chassis numbers from B 1 AJ through B 400 LJ, with the final two letters indicating the series in which it was built. The "big bore" cars serial numbers begin with B 1 MB (although B 2 MD was the
first big bore Mark VI built) and ended with B 300 PV (although B 301 PU was the last one built). Each alphabetic series only contained either even or odd numbers, and 13 was always skipped for the
The 4.3 L was referred to as the 4 1⁄4 L and can be quickly identified from its single exhaust. The 4.6 L is known as the 4 1⁄2 L and features a twin exhaust.
The chassis used leaf springs at the rear and independent coil springing at the front with a control on the steering wheel centre to adjust the hardness of the rear springing by hydraulically
adjusting the rear dampers. A pedal-operated central lubrication system allowing oil to be applied to
moving parts of the suspension from a central reservoir was fitted. The 12.25 in (311 mm) drum brakes were assisted by the traditional Rolls-Royce mechanical servo.
A Mark VI chassis (at first referred to within the works as Corniche II) was developed by H I F Evernden and J P Blatchley in 1950 and 1951 carrying a larger engine with a higher compression ratio and modified fuel and
exhaust systems, a close ratio gearbox and much higher final drive ratio.
By special arrangement with Bentley 2-door bodies were fitted having a lower frontal area and of significantly lighter construction, the first – made by H J Mulliner – developed in conjunction
with Evernden and Blatchley. The first still luxurious car was more than 10% lighter than the standard car. They were the most expensive production cars in the world and the world's fastest
These chassis were produced between June 1952 and April 1953 and bear the chassis numbers BC1A to BC26A, with the prototype, totalling 27 cars. The engine compression was reduced on the last 8
cars. The bulk of the chassis were clothed by H J Mulliner but some were bodied in Europe. Only the 27 cars were built before the R designation was added to the chassis series
*** FREE Shipping in USA ***
International via USPS Available at